Target shooters, hunters should take precautions to avoid starting fires
News from CSKT Division of Fire
The CS&KT Division of Fire reminds the public to be safe when hunting and target shooting by being aware of dry grasses and wildfire safety.
Hunters or target shooters can accidentally spark a wildfire. Follow these simple guidelines:
- Avoid shooting into rocks or dry grass.
- Bring a bucket of water and an old blanket to put out a fire.
- Place your targets on dirt or gravel, away from grass.
- Don’t shoot trash like old TVs or other appliances.
- Don’t shoot with steel core ammo.
- Exploding targets, incendiary ammo and tracer ammo are illegal on public lands.
For more information call the Division of Fire at 406-676-2550.