Senior news for May 9, 2018
Arlee By Bette Samsel
ARLEE – Please join us for a special Mother’s Day prime rib dinner at 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 12. May is a big birthday month at our center, so in addition to celebrating Mother’s Day, and to celebrate any May birthdays among our guests for the dinner, we will have a lovely birthday cake, and sing Happy Birthday to all. Just for fun, we’re asking everyone who wishes, to wear their craziest hat to dinner. No prizes, just to make for some levity and laughter in the gathering. I’ve never been to a craziest hat dinner, but they tell me it’s a hoot. Come and see for yourself. Meals are served at the Arlee Senior Center every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon. Evening meals are also served at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Saturdays. All meals served with an entrée, vegetable, and/or fruit, buns or rolls, salad, dessert, coffee, tea, milk, etc.. (Sorry, but no “take outs” for prime rib dinner only.)
Following are the menus for the balance of May:
– Wednesday, May 9: turkey pot pie
– Friday, May 11: fishwich
– Saturday, May 12, Mother’s Day dinner: prime rib and birthday cake
– Monday, May 14: taco bar
– Wednesday, May 16: chicken cordon bleu
– Friday, May 18: meatloaf
– Monday, May 21: lasagna
– Wednesday, May 23: French dip
– Friday, May 25: cowboy beans and corn bread
– Saturday, May 26: barbecue ribs and potato salad
– Monday, May 28: closed for Memorial Day
– Wednesday, May 30: pulled pork sandwich and coleslaw
Polson By Dave Basta
Kids today don’t know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk nine feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
The veteran’s representative will be here again on Tuesday, May 15 from 10 – noon.
The bi-monthly shipment of commodities will be sorted and distributed here on May 16. Pick them up after 1 p.m.
The lunch menu for the coming week:
– Thursday, May 10: burger mac soup, garlic bread
– Friday, May 11: deli sandwich, chips and relish dish
– Monday, May 14: potato cheese soup, meat sandwich
– Tuesday, May 15: Swedish meatballs, noodles
– Wednesday, May 16: pork chops, whipped potatoes
All meals include vegetables and a dessert. Lunch is served from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
St. Ignatius By Betsy Corbitt
In spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
Women for Wellness will be May 24 at the Joe Mc- Donald Health and Fitness Center at SKC from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants can pre-register at prevention. skc.edu. Online pre-registration closes May 22.
The food pantry is still looking for volunteers to work Tuesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If interested, please call 745-0057.
The ukulele group will perform at 5:30 p.m. at our Wednesday, May 16 dinner.
Commodities will be here on Tues., May 15 and available for pick up after 2 p.m.
The nail clinic will also be here from 10 a.m. to noon on May 15. Please call the center to make your appointment at 745-4462.
The quilters are in the center on Mondays from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bingo is played after almost every lunch.
Meals can be delivered to qualified seniors, frozen meals are also available. Please call the center for more information.
– Friday, May 11 is our birthday dinner, chicken at noon.
– Tuesday, May 15 is open faced turkey sandwiches at noon.
– Wednesday, May 16 is our evening meal cabbage rolls at 5:30 p.m.
– Friday, May 18 is chef salad at noon.
– Tuesday, May 22 is sandwiches and chips at noon.
Our menu is subject to change.
There will be a stamp camp from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, May 10. Everyone is welcome.
The free community dinner will be from 5:30 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30. Please remember that you do not have to be a senior citizen to join us for lunch or dinner, everyone is welcome.