Things to consider
Here is some “fun stuff” I came across.
Do you ever wonder:
- Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?
- Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?
- Why is it that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- If Con is the opposite of Pro, is Congress the opposite of Progress?
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
- We leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- People order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.
- Banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
- Authoritarianism is surging in various leaderships around the world.
- Climate and earth changes beyond human control are constant reminders to us humans of our limited control in our lives.
- There are angels among us helping in our darkest hours.