Downed power line startles family
POLSON — On Monday morning, New Year’s Eve, Dave Salomon’s boys heard a unusual noise and looked out the window of their home on Haystack Mountain Lane and saw a fire in the snow due to a broken power line. Dave called 911 and they told him to block off traffic both ways so no one would drive by it and get shocked. By the time he and his sons got to the scene the police also arrived and shortly afterwards Mission Valley Power pulled up. The power was out for the Salomon home for only a little over an hour, but possibly out for over two hours for some other homes. The Salomon family appreciated the dispatcher’s advice to keep everyone from getting close to the broken power line.