Valley Journal
Valley Journal

This Week’s e-Edition

Current Events

Latest Headlines

What's New?

Send us your news items.

NOTE: All submissions are subject to our Submission Guidelines.

Announcement Forms

Use these forms to send us announcements.

Birth Announcement

Stove pipe causes trailer fire

Hey savvy news reader! Thanks for choosing local. You are now reading
1 of 3 free articles.

Subscribe now to stay in the know!

Already a subscriber? Login now

RONAN — No one was injured in a trailer fire outside Ronan Thanksgiving night.

Ronan Volunteer Fire Department chief Mark Clary said the call came in after 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 24.

A trailer at 45777 Michel Road caught fire in the ceiling/roof area, he said. Clary attributed the cause to a stove pipe getting hot when the residents were burning wood inside the stove.

The damage is estimated between $10,000 and $15,000, according to Clary, adding that he believes it is repairable.

The residents have been displaced for now, he said. Two people who were home at the time of the fire were uninjured. Some 12 or 13 firefighters from RVFD responded to the blaze.

It took one hour to extinguish the fire, he said. No other fire departments responded to the scene. A call to the Polson Fire Department was cancelled, Clary said.

Sponsored by: