Valley Journal
Valley Journal

This Week’s e-Edition

Current Events

Latest Headlines

What's New?

Send us your news items.

NOTE: All submissions are subject to our Submission Guidelines.

Announcement Forms

Use these forms to send us announcements.

Birth Announcement

Apply for Childcare Stabilization Funds July 1-31 

Hey savvy news reader! Thanks for choosing local. You are now reading
1 of 3 free articles.

Subscribe now to stay in the know!

Already a subscriber? Login now

News from DPHHS

MONTANA — Department of Public Health and Human Services Director Adam Meier is encouraging childcare providers to apply for Child Care Stabilization funds during the final application period, July 1 – 31.

The online application will go live on July 1 at: DPHHS estimates there are about 350 childcare providers still eligible to apply for this funding.

“We encourage Montana eligible childcare providers, who haven’t done so, to apply for stabilization funds in July,” Meier said. “Since this funding was first offered in 2021, we’re pleased that over 500 providers have taken advantage of this opportunity. And we know there’s several hundred still eligible to apply.”

The funding is available through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Based on the recommendations from Montana’s ARPA Health Advisory Commission, Governor Greg Gianforte devoted $61 million to increase access to quality childcare services for Montana families.

Currently, 58% of that funding has been obligated. To date, DPHHS has awarded stabilization funds to 502 childcare providers serving just under 13,000 Montana kids.

Registered and licensed childcare providers can apply for the funding online by going to: July applicants must be in good standing with DPHHS Child Care Licensing by Sept. 1 to be eligible to receive funding.

Grant funds for childcare providers can be used for:

—  Rent, mortgage and utilities

—  Payroll and benefits

—  Health and safety

—  Facility maintenance and minor improvements

—  Personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies

—  Goods to continue childcare, such as diapering supplies and other care materials

—  Mental health support for children and providers can be requested through the grant application process.

For more information about the childcare stabilization funding and all ARPA funding allocated to DPHHS, call 844-406-2772 or go to:


Sponsored by: