Flathead Waters Cleanup approaches
News from the CSKT
FLATHEAD RESERVATION — Grab your team of friends and family and join us on Saturday, Aug. 12, to do your part in “Helping Keep Our Favorite Places Clean.” The Flathead Waters Cleanup is an annual volunteer event focused on protecting our waterway ecosystem for fish, wildlife, and all to enjoy.
Visit the Flathead Waters Cleanup website at:
- Simply choose a river, stream, lake or creek location from the map, or visit your favorite spot any time between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Aug. 12 and collect as much trash as possible. If you don’t see your favorite spot, you can propose one.
- Fill out a site selection survey, one per group please.
- Read the safety guidelines for volunteers along with the CSKT Non-Member Guide. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. If you are participating on the Flathead Reservation you do need a CSKT Conservation Permit.
- Fill out a volunteer registration form.
- Ready, set, clean! We ask that you please separate plastic trash from other trash collected.
- Fill out the post-cleaning report.
- Join us at Sacred Waters Brewery in Kalispell or Glacier Brewing in Polson for food, drinks, and chances to win amazing prizes!
Please visit the website for updates on kiosk locations for gloves and reusable trash bag pick up sites. Prizes will be given to the team with: the most trash collected by weight and volume, most unique/weirdest item found, and best and funniest photo submissions. Random prizes will also be awarded throughout the evening.