Employees fight Jore fire
RONAN — The Jore Corporation’s night shift combined fire-fighting forces with the Ronan Volunteer Fire Department to extinguish a fire in the manufacturing department of the corporation’s building early Friday morning.
The Ronan Fire Department responded to call at 12:31 a.m. after an electrical issue caused a light fixture to spark, Fire Chief Mark Clary reported.
The sparks ignited the furniture below the light fixture, destroying a few chairs, boxes and part of a desk, but Jore Corporation’s night shift were quick to respond with fire extinguishers.
Their fire-fighting efforts left emergency crews with the task of ventilating the building when they arrived, Clary said.
The fire department ventilated the entire building until the crew and the Ronan Ambulance cleared out at 1:30 a.m.
Clary reported that there were no injuries in the fire and that employees started working again immediately following the incident.