Valley Journal
Valley Journal

Latest Headlines

Current Events

Special Sections

What's New?

Send us your news items.

NOTE: All submissions are subject to our Submission Guidelines.

Announcement Forms

Use these forms to send us announcements.

Birth Announcement
Engagement Announcement
Wedding Announcement

Receive free income tax assistance

The AARP Tax-Aide Program provides free help in preparing and electronically filing Federal and State income tax returns for low to moderate income taxpayers. This service is free to taxpayers of any age.

All volunteer tax preparers are trained and certified through the IRS and must sign a confidentiality agreement. While there is no specific income limit, the program does have limits on the types of returns that the volunteers prepare. Returns will be prepared beginning the first week of February and by appointment only. 

Polson Senior Center - Every Monday and Thursday call 406-883-4735.

Ronan Senior Center - Every Wednesday call 406-676-2371.

 When you come to the site please bring the following documentation:

—  A copy of last year’s tax return

—  A picture ID and Social Security cards for all persons listed on the return

—  All tax related documents 

—  Account information for direct deposit

—  For those over 62 eligible for the Montana Homeowner/Renter Credit a copy of your 2017 property tax bill/or rent paid in 2017.

—  Proof of health insurance coverage or exemption letters

For more information concerning free tax assistance go online to: www.montanafreefile .org or


Lo 14°

Sponsored by: