St. Ignatius, Montana
St. Ignatius, located 43 miles north of Missoula on Hwy. 93, is Lake County’s oldest town founded in 1854 by Jesuit missionaries, and has a population of 842.* The Mission Church, more than 100 years old, is adorned with beautiful frescoes and murals and is open daily to visitors.
School District #28 Schools:
St. Ignatius Elementary School (grades K-5), St. Ignatius Middle School (grades 6-8), Mission High School (grades 9-12)
St. Ignatius City Council meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
* population according to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2005-09 American Community Survey
- Two women arrested following chase, shootout
- S&K Technologies, subsidiary companies worldwide benefit tribal membership
- Students travel ‘to infinity and beyond’ during MCT play
- St. Ignatius chamber gives out $4,000 in prizes at holiday carnival
- From Apple Hill to Iwo Jima: Mission resident shares service story