Date set for annual ‘April breakfast-brunch, garage sale, bake sale’
ARLEE — The Arlee Senior Citizens Center is having its April “Spring-Is-Here, Breakfast-Brunch” on Saturday, April 13, from 9 a.m. -noon. The menu includes hash browns, bacon, an egg bake, and English muffins. There will also be fresh cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, tea and milk.
On that same day, Saturday, April 13, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., we will hold our annual garage/rummage/yard sale, with a great variety of items. Take a break from your yard work and come on over to the Arlee Senior Center to find something you just can’t live without. Remember the old saying, “One man’s junk is another man’s Treasure.” A partial listing of some of the interesting items available so far are: a large deck umbrella with the stand; a portable propane Mr. Heater model MH9B; a small camp tent; a set of portable extended mirrors for a pick-up truck; numerous kitchen appliances; a large sack of new size 5 women’s western boots in various styles (pull-on, lace-up, buckles, etc.); toys and clothing for children 5 years and under; a child’s highchair; a set of four wooden TV trays; and 2 sets of 4-pound hand weights. Additional donations of items for the yard sale to help with our senior center expenses would be much appreciated. There will also be baked goods available for purchase, to enjoy with the free coffee, or take home. Goodies include: cookies, pies, cakes, homemade bread, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, rhubarb crisp, and more. All are delicious, reasonably priced, and free of calories. Don’t miss out.
Meals are served at the center at noon on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 6 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
• Wednesday, April 10: sloppy Joes, fries, cheese and veggie tray, fruit, pudding
• Friday, April 12: sweet and sour chicken with rice, green salad, melons, buns and cake
• Saturday, April 13: brunch from 9 a.m.-noon: bacon, hash browns, egg bake, English muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit and yogurt
• Monday, April 15: goulash, salad, garlic toast, fruit, bread pudding
• Wednesday, April 17: pork chops, potatoes with gravy, peas, apple sauce, buns, and cookies
• Friday, April 19: Salmon patties, coleslaw, fried potatoes, buns, fruit, brownies
• Monday, April 22: beef stew with vegetables, fry bread, fruit, cookies
• Wednesday, April 24: chef salad with ham, turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, hot potato soup, and peach cobbler
• Friday, April 26 French dip sandwich, cottage cheese, fruit, veggie tray, cake
• Saturday, April 27: barbecue ribs, baked potatoes, corn, buns, fruit and cheesecake
• Monday, April 29: spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, fruit, garlic toast, and chocolate cream pie