Blixt pleads not guilty to strangulation
A Pablo man, who was found not guilty by a Lake County jury in August 2019 of deliberate homicide, is facing a new charge. Daniel Chance Blixt, 32, entered a plea of not guilty at District Court in Polson on July 14 to one felony count of strangulation of a partner or family member.
According to court records, on June 28, a woman called 911 to report that Blixt had choked her. The woman told a responding Lake County Sheriff’s Office deputy that she and Blixt had been dating, but Blixt was now moving out of her house. She stated that she had asked for the key to the house back which caused an argument that turned physical.
She said Blixt “threw her through the front door, threw soda at her, picked her up, slammed her on the ground and choked her with both of his hands.” She said she could not breathe and feared for her life. She also said Blixt said he would kill her.
The deputy documented red marks on the woman’s neck and a large red mark on her back.
Judge James Manley set a trial date for Jan. 3, 2022. Blixt has posted $100,000 bond and is at liberty. He must also wear a GPS tracking device, do regular check-ins and have no contact with the alleged victim.
Blixt stood trial in August of 2019 on a charge of deliberate homicide for the Feb. 28, 2019, shooting death of Matthew Darnell, 30. A jury found Blixt not guilty after a two-and-a-half-day trial. The jury deliberated for about four hours before finding him not guilty.